Ingredients (2-3 servings)
Kome (Japanese short-grain rice): 360cc
Mizu (Water): 400cc
1. Place the rice in bowl. Wash thoroughly and drain several times until the water goes clear.
2. Drain the rice and place it in a donabe (casserole). Add the water and let it soak for at least 30 minutes.
3. Boil at medium/ low heat. If it looks like spilling over, lower the heat.
4. When the water is fully absorbed, turn off the heat.
5. Stand and leave covered for about 15 minutes.
To minimize failures in cooking rice, it’s better to use a thick casserole, such as one made of cast iron.